7.21.2011

Boys and Their Toys

A couple of weekends ago, I decided it was time to clean out my Munchkins closet (a little at a time). He has several BIG plastic totes that we used to use as toy boxes. These totes haven't been touched in a couple of years - they just sit at the back of his closet with other junk piled on top. SOOOOO - I had him pull one out so we could go through it and throw away things that needed to be thrown away and hand down the toys that were still salvageable. 3/4 of the contents was trash - old, broken crayons, pencil shavings, broken popsicle sticks, pieces of plastic from toys that we couldn't quite figure out, and just JUNK really. We were able to save a few toys though - and I am pretty sure that the missing parts to some of the ones we found are still in one of the other totes. Big Brother had to show Little Brother the in's and out's of playing with his old toys! I haven't gotten around to cleaning out any more totes. Maybe it would be a good project for this weekend. This is going to be the last free weekend for a few weeks and I would REALLY like to get it done. Let's see if the motivation sticks with me until then!

No comments: