7.18.2012

Vacation time!

I am taking a bit of a vacation next week - even though I am not going to be able to make it to my reunion.  Just going to have to wait and see if we do a 25 year reunion!

(yeah - I know - I'm old - shut up!)

I don't know if this would be considered a "stay-cation" or what.  I am taking 3 days off from work so we can do something as a family before the summer is completely over.  So far the general consensus for an activity is camping down at the beach - which is what I have been wanting to do all summer! I think we might be able to manage this.  We already have our tent & coolers & chairs & all the swim gear & most of the camping gear.  The beach is maybe an hour drive from home, so we don't have to worry about gas.  All I have to figure out now is how long I actually want to live in that tent with the kiddos, especially once the newness of camping wears off.   I know I could live on the beach almost indefinitely, but trying to keep the boys entertained is a different story.  So we still haven't completely committed to this beach camping trip just yet.  If this is what we decide to do, I just hope I am given more of a chance to plan & get things together than I was given for our last camping trip.  Even though it was a great time - it was very unorganized and, to me, that is completely frustrating.  I know that is a bit of my OCD kicking in.  I can't help it.  It would be more fun if you didn't have to run around trying to figure things out and scramble for everything at the last minute!  I just know that I don't want to have to worry or stress about anything while I am sitting there looking at the waves roll in off the Gulf.

Whatever the case ends up being, we are going to enjoy our time together as a family! 

Beach trip from 2 years ago


No comments: