7.12.2012

Warp Speed - Full Stop!

Life tends to get away from you when you aren't looking, doesn't it?

I haven't been keeping up with my blog, but it seems like nothing eventful enough to write about has been going on.  If I really stop for a second (as hard as that is to do) and look around, things have been more than crazy.

Hubby lost his job & had a major surgery that kept him in the hospital for 4 days, my step-father passed away, my sister got her Master's degree, our teen-age boys got into their first trouble with the law, my grandfather passed away, my cousin got married...  This is only a short recap of the past 2 or so months.  No wonder life has seemingly entered warp speed.  But where have I been during all of this?  I couldn't tell you - except for the surgery part because I am still trying to recover from being woken up every hour or so while we were there last week.

I have my 20 year class reunion coming up at the end of the month which I was really looking forward to.  Not just seeing old classmates and friends, but taking vacation for a week or so to see my family on the other side of the world (Texas).  I probably won't be able to make it because we can't afford the extra expense of a trip.  Even just the gas money to get there is as much as a plane ticket!  So unless we can come up with some chunk of money between now & next Friday - it looks like I won't make it.  I am going to try my darnedest to make it though.  I am in desperate need of a break!

Kiddos are doing great!  I just wish that I could do more with them - being summer and all.  The lack of funds came at a rough time - which it always seems to do.

There is a remedy for this coming up soon, though (I hope).

Change is in the wind!


No comments: