5.06.2009

My son's reaction to the news


We told my munchkin about the big news the other day and he said that he had already expected it (because of the bathroom trash - I left a test wrapper in it). He is anything but excited about this. He has had almost 12 years of being an only child and the prospect of having a baby around just does not excite him. I am sure that there is the jealousy that any first-born feels when a second baby is announced (I am a first born). Also - I think that the pre-teen in him is starting to show its rebelious side. Another thing is that he does not like "babysitting". I believe that somewhere down the line - he will come to at least like the fact that he is going to be a big brother! I think that he will make a GREAT big brother! Maybe throughout the pregnancy, he will grow attached to the little one growing inside of me. I think that he will.

No comments: